what is passive solar design?
- Passive solar design makes use of the sun's energy and local
breezes to make a building warm in winter and cool in summer.
Depending on your local climate, ehabitat has
the correct thermal mass, insulation, shading and ventilation solutions
to suit you.
just orientate correctly
- Passive solar design was a primary design driver in the conceptual
development of ehabitat. Our Architectural Director has a university
degree in Environmental Design as well as in Architecture, and
has ensured that passive solar design principles are inherent
in the system.
- This means all you have to do is orientate your habitat
to face the right direction - the rest has been done for you!
- Passive solar design provides comfortable homes that are responsive
to local climates and changing seasons.
- It helps you save money on energy bills.
- It reduces dependence on non-renewable energy sources which
are a major contributor to environmental degradation.
alternative energy systems
- The ehabitat system has been designed
so that many alternative energy systems (photo voltaic, wind,
solar hot water, etc), are easily incorporated into individual